Warren R. Westberg
Recently named as one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Dallas for 2022, Warren R. Westberg is known as a hard-hitting and tenacious Texas trial attorney with 35 years' experience representing Fortune 500 companies, closely held entities, entrepreneurs and individuals in complex civil litigation, Warren Westberg recently founded AbsolutLAW, PLLC, a new and innovative problem-solving law firm.
Westberg graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law with a JD and has an undergraduate degree in Economics. As an accomplished and tenacious trial lawyer with 35+ years of experience representing individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies in complex civil litigation, he has earned his reputation as a smart, tough, trial lawyer by winning cases and jury trials for individuals seeking justice with overwhelming odds against them, by representing small companies in predatory litigation brought by powerful competitors, and by representing corporations threatened by difficult and highly visible cases in hostile venues.
Prior to starting AbsolutLAW, Mr. Westberg served as lead counsel in hundreds of major cases with a civil trial practice in areas such as general tort liability, product liability, Deceptive Trade Practices, business and partnership transactions, fiduciary duties, professional liability, and defamation. Mr. Westberg maintains a five-star AV-Preeminent peer-reviewed rating with Martindale-Hubbell which is the highest possible rating obtained entirely through peer-review. He makes each client's case his own cause striving to handle every matter as though it belongs to a close loved one. Mr. Westberg believes every client is entitled to dignity, respect, responsiveness, and the best possible result which can be achieved in their case.
Prior to founding AbsolutLAW, Mr. Westberg practiced for 35 years as the owner / founder of McCauley Westberg, PLLC, and as a Trial Attorney and Partner in various prominent Dallas-based firms, including Arter & Hadden, McCauley, Macdonald, Love and Devin, Godwin Gruber and KL Gates and Thomas J Henry, Injury Attorneys.
Over the course of his 35-year career, Mr. Westberg has repeatedly obtained results for clients that greatly exceeded their expectations, including but not limited to the following:
- Obtained $3.2 million dollar settlement in company vehicle accident case in spite of clients failing to wear seat-belts.
- Obtained $1.3 million dollar settlement in product liability case involving over-exposure to radiation.
- Defeated predatory litigation brought in Federal Court by a large publicly traded competitor of a closely held Texas corporation in a complex commercial litigation matter.
- Obtained trial victories for a Fortune 500 company in high profile death cases in hostile venues.
- Led defense team to trial victory in hostile South Texas venue in case involving multi-vehicle truck accident with multiple plaintiffs suing a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtained reassignment of mineral interest and forced completion of gas well for landowner in hotly contested complex oil and gas litigation.
- Obtained favorable settlement in high profile defamation case for dentist wrongfully accused of infant death.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Westberg has served the community in various ways including serving as the immediate past President and Chairman of the Board of the Fairview Economic Development Corporation. He is happily married to a transplanted Canadian, and in his leisure time, enjoys spending time with his wife and two miniature dachshunds, traveling, and watching sports.
- 1987, Oklahoma
- 1988, Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Oklahoma Northern District Court
- Oklahoma Western District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Southern District
- Texas Eastern District
- Texas Western District
- University of Oklahoma, Class of 1987, J.D.
- Top 25% of class
- American Jurisprudence Award, Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- American Jurisprudence Award, Anti-Trust Law
- Oklahoma State University, 1984, B.S., Economics
- Shifting Litigation Risk By Offer of Settlement, Dallas Bar Headnotes, 2010
Awards and Recognitions
- Top 50 Attorneys in Dallas for 2022
- AV Preeminent Peer Reviewed Rating, 2022
- America's Most Honored Lawyers – Top 1%, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- AV Preeminent Peer Reviewed Rating for 20 years, 2002-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell Texas Top Rated Lawyer, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Texas Top Rated Intellectual Property Lawyer, 2015
- AV Preeminent Attorney – Judicial Edition, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- AVVO Rating 10.0/10.0, 2013-2022